6/15/07

A Question About Rating Methodology

Welcome, won't you?

A couple of days ago I finally flicked the little internet switch in Blogger's settings from "private" to "public," and since that time, a handful of critical but relatively kind readers have raised concerns regarding my admittedly simple rating system.

My opinions regarding the application of wide-ranging grade systems to subjective artforms are made clear in the post linked above. But, on the other hand, I'm not interested in being a curmudgeon about it, nor does the issue appear to be worthy of "moral stand" status. Changing to a more universally accepted rating system (such as stars) would be relatively easy.

I can be reached at skenderberg@hotmail.com, or you can just leave a comment in this post if you've got something to say on the subject.

What do you, the Viewers At Home, think?