10/30/07

Joel Jumps Back into the Movie-Riffing Ring

Welcome, won't you?

Were you as underwhelmed as I was by yesterday's announcement? Sure, we all do. I said a lot of things yesterday, but the main gist was I don't care about the original MST3K characters. I care about the format, and the people who created it.

Now check this out. Go on, read the whole thing. I'll wait until you're done.

Now that's cool. In a nutshell, original MST3K creator Joel Hodson, along with fellow former cast members Mary Jo Pehl, Trace Beaulieu, Frank Conniff, and Josh Weinstein are going to start riffing movies again for a project they've named Cinematic Titanic. Looks like it will be a kind of direct-to-video MST3K, like the Film Crew DVDs.

The first one's due out in December sometime. I'll be looking forward to it.