12/17/07

ETL 104 Finally, Someone Tall

(2001, Comedy/Fantasy/Sword and Sorcery/Animation, color)

Edward: Why did you capture us, anyway?
Noble One: Yes, we are noble, aren't we?
Edward: Um, I asked why you captured us.
Noble One: Ah, yes, I'll tell you how we became so noble.


Rating: ****

Summary (from the original episode list at SciFi.com):

Yes, we are noble, aren't we?
Captured by a race of tall, handsome, proud people, Edward is joined in his quest by the Noble One, who, let's face it, isn't nearly so noble as he thinks he is.

Thoughts:

One of my favorite episodes of the series introduces, appropriately enough, my favorite character of the series--the craven, cowardly, and underhanded Noble One, whose sole criteria for judging an act's nobility is whether or not he did it. Another favorite line from this episode: "Are you going to fulfill your destiny or do I have to shoot you in the leg?"