10/15/08

Prequel to The Occurence, Sequel to The Coming to Pass

Careful, Bill.  That daisy's loaded.Welcome, won't you?

Maybe it's just me, but when I hear about a movie called The Happening, I think it's going to be a nostalgic look at those 1960s college kids who stood on street corners to shriek incomprehensible poetry at passers-by. Fortunately, this is not the case. Rather more unfortunately, it's a killer plant thriller from M. Night Shyamalan's later ouevre--you know, after he declared "To hell with all this 'character-driven suspense' crap, from now on I'm going to be boring and pointless!" Thankfully, I will not have to watch it alone, as a Rifftrax featuring Mike, Kevin and Bill will be released on October 21, 2008.

Also notable: The news section of the Darkstar site has updated again, with some rather vague reports of some rather vague progress made in some key but rather vague areas of production. They're still making rather vague claims to release sometime in 2008, but I can't help but notice that every other game scheduled for release this year already has a publisher, a release date, and a product that's at least as far as beta testing.