12/23/08

The Adventures of Luke Starkiller as Taken from the 'Journal of the Whills': Saga I - Star Wars

Why does Han look more feminine than Leia?Welcome, won't you?

After years of speculation, months of whining and weeks of other requests both polite and otherwise, Mike, Bill and Kevin will finally issue a Rifftrax for Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (Special Edition). It's a Christmas miracle! Due out on December 30, 2008, so I guess it's a post-Christmas miracle, actually.

By the way, the post title is an actual working title for this film, taken from the imdb page, proving that, but for cooler heads involved, Episode IV could easily have been as bad as Episodes I through III.

In other news, I have seen Christmas Toyshop, and it is every bit as hallucinatory as promised. I may not get to reviewing it until after Christmas; if I don't, consider this my recommendation. You have to watch this, if only for the sinister, powder-sprinkling demon elf and the six-legged be-top-hatted spider-dog of Bill's nightmares.

In still further news, the Prisoner of Azkaban review has been completed, and will post later today or tomorrow morning. [Update: Posted now.]